Letters to the void.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sugar

I'm a bit more wary to write stuff on this blog site now that it's connected with cyberyaniv.com. I keep imagining who might read this and then I'm quick to censor myself. Down with censorship, man. It makes for boring art.
Today I drove back from Steamboat Springs in the morning and then played music at an event my brother held for a development project he's working on. Last night's gig in Steamboat was awesome. The bar was packed and people danced hard. The guy who does the booking said he'd would invite us back and hook us up with free ski passes to the resort the next time we played. Hunker Down had a full page write up in the local Steamboat paper the day before we played. The article looked very good.
I actually got pulled over this morning on the way back from Steamboat. The cop said I was doing 65 in a 55, but he let me off with a warning because I smiled and called him "sir." I can't understand why anyone would want to be a policeman. The cop didn't notice the giant piece of broken plastic hanging off the bottom of my car. Some sort of protective piece under the car broke and I ended up dragging it on the ground all the way back to Denver because I didn't have the right tool to take it off. I fixed it once I got home.
I also finalized my apartment rental up in the mountains. I'm going to sign a six-month lease on a place up in Fraser. I'm psyched to have my own place up in the mountains again. I'm planning on spending most of my week up there and then driving back in forth in the middle of the week to work down here in the flatlands. I'm much happier and healthier up in the mountains. It's going to be an awesome winter. I hope we get some good snow. There's a fair amount of sugar on the hills up there already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home