Letters to the void.

Monday, September 19, 2005

It works

Apparently this thing does work. Yay. I almost wish it didn't. Just think of how much more time I will waste now since it does work.
The difference between journal writing and blogging is that blogging carries with it the thrill of random exhibitionism. You never know who will take a peak at your goods. It's more than likely that no one will see what I write... still, anyone could. It makes me more motivated to write something that doesn't suck.
So anyway, I spent the day today working on online courses and messing around with audio software. I also helped move a fridge and dishwasher, and I went for a run. Not much of a carpe diem sort experience this time around. Tomorrow I have a full day of teaching and then I'm going to a jam session tomorrow night with a hot fiddle player. I'll try a bit harder to carpe the old diem tomorrow.
I like these online courses I'm taking. It makes me feel like I'm being more productive with my time. It's good to be a student. I feel like I have more of a direction. Credit is a funny thing. I decided to pay an extra $300 per course to take them "for credit." In the long run, there's no difference between "for credit" and "not for credit" -- either way I'm still going to die. God's not keeping score. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who are keeping score. And some of those people have money and job opportunities for me. You have to play the game whether you like it or not. If you choose to break the rules or not to play at all, it's the same thing as losing the game. The trick is win the game without getting so in to it that you take it for more than just a game. The game's not over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home