Letters to the void.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bobby saves the day

I had a nearly worthless day today. I spent most of the day struggling with my website. I ended up remaking the entire thing. It kind of works now and I spent way too much time erasing in and rebuilding it over and over. When I wasn't stuck in cyberspace traffic I was stuck in actual traffic on I-25. I was at a crawl for a good 45 minutes on the way to buy a new external hard drive that was probably a waste of money, but apparently it's recommended to have one for audio editing.
Just when I thought the day was a loss, I decided to download Bob Dylan's "Lay Down Your Weary Tune." The day is no longer a waste. The song is amazing. I heard it first from Tim O'Brian on his "Red on Blonde" Dylan-tribute album. Then I heard it a few days ago on the PBS Dylan special called no direction home. Today I bought it off I-Tunes and I downloaded the lyrics. The words are incredible. It's hard to believe that a person wrote them. They have the feel of a "traditional" tune that is just passed down which no one knows who wrote--like the bible or something. I'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to remember the words. If I can learn the song then today was a today well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home