Letters to the void.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Next

I'm driving up to Winter Park later today. Starting next week I'll be spending most of my week there. I'm renting a place in Fraser and I'll move in at the beginning of November. I'll still be working in Boulder on Tuesdays and in Denver on Wednesdays, but I'll have the rest of the week in the mountains.
I'm psyched to have my place again. I actually haven't really felt like I was living in my own space since May when I moved out of the place I was renting with Jacob on Grant Street. I spent the summer in Brazil and since I've been back I've stayed at my brother's house. It's been nearly five months without my own turf. I'm thrilled to live up in the mountains again. Most of my friends are up there and everything I want to do is there. I feel like the music scene is better too--or at least more accessable. I feel like I know all the good musicians in town and it's easier to work on it up there. I feel like less of a number up in the hills.
I finished a version of a colloborative recording project for my Berklee course last night. I created a groove and a woman named Bernadette who lives in Boston added the vocals. I think it came out okay for a first try collaborating with a new person in different state on unfamiliar equipment. We're going to re-mix it and fine tune it over the next week, but our first version is posted here: www.cyberyaniv.com/music/Collaboration.MP3 -- Ilan showed me how post things using cyberduck last night, so it will be easier to post mp3's. I can use my mac instead of my pc, which is about to die... and visit the pearly (Bill) Gates. That was cheesy.
Well, I'm going to clean up and get going. I'm playing gigs four out of the next five nights, so I've got to get myself together. I'm a bit concerned because my throat hurts a bit, but hopefully the little tickle will go away. Godspeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home