Letters to the void.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

'cause I gots to

So I went to a concert last night. My friend Greg won tickets to the Jason Mraz concert through a radio staion and offered the tickets to me. I'm not really in to Jason Mraz, but my little sister is--so we went together.
It was a funny experience at the concert. All the pretty girls who wouldn't talk to me high school were there--only they hadn't aged at all, and I was almost ten years older. It was kind of weird being at a teeny-bopper, bubble-gum concert. I noticed that all the high school kids just stared at the stage the whole time. They didn't really dance or even nod their heads to the music. Maybe they were stiff because they are self-conscious teenagers. Maybe it was the lack of alcohol served.
Jason Mraz has a good voice. I'll give him that. He struck me as a clean-cut theater and choir kid-type who comes from a good family and has never had any problems in his life. The show felt so clean and healthy, it almost approached Christian rock (which is an oxymoron, by the way). I like more edge in my music. I like to hear a little more pain. Jason Mraz is a great singer--I won't bash him there. I wish he'd stick to singing. When he tried to rap, I got a little nautious. There are only so many times you can hear a skinny rich white kid say the word "gots" before you feel like hitting him. Anyway, my sister had a great time and I was happy to go with her. It was really nice of Greg to give us the tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home