Letters to the void.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

898

It's about a quarter to nine here in Fraser, Colorado. It snowed today and it really feels like a new season. It feels fresh and new outside and I'm ready for a great winter.
Last night I had a great jam session with Bobby, Andy, Greg and Matt. We played very late into the night and "broke in the neighbors" a bit. Thankfully no one complained. We played a lot of new stuff and made up some new tunes.
Today, I talked to Steve at the Crooked Creek about hosting an open mic night there on Sundays. He seemed pretty positive on the idea. It could be a great thing. It could really build up the music scene here. Four years ago, Gary Key hosted an open mic night there and it was excellent. Some very talented players came and played. I know a lot of musicians in town that would come play. It would be a great experience for me and I think I would grow a lot with it. Plus, I could use the extra income.
I'm excited about my new project with Andy Irvine, Kay and Mike Ray. I'm playing bass with them and we're playing some great tunes. We're playing some old Delbert McClinton stuff and some Stevie Wonder tunes. We're going for an old Motown soul kind of sound and it's a lot of fun. It's a challenge and I'm learning a lot from Andy Irvine about the bass. We're going to practice together on Monday.
I also applied to play in the Blue Man Group today. They have a website and you can apply online to join their band. It was kind of a fun application, so I figured what the hell.
That's the news and I'm sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home