Letters to the void.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Triumph

I'm on the Carnival Triumph for one more month before I come home to Colorado. I'll fly home on September 21. I'm still not sure of my plans after that. I was offered another contract with the Carnival Miracle that would start up on October 20 and would go through the new year. That ship is based in Fort Lauderdale and takes eight day cruises to a few Central American countries and a bunch of islands named after saints.

I have a lot of free time out here. I work very few hours playing music on the ship, and have many hours to practice, read, exercise and explore ports. It's a challenge sometimes to keep from getting bored and find things to do in a limited space.

I'm going to start overdubbing bass parts on the upcoming Hunker Down album this week. I'm really excited about this project. The band worked with the recording engineer Chuck Pierce in Alma who sent me audio files of their sessions via yousendit.com. I'm going to record my parts with my Pro Tools rig on the ship and then send wav files back to Chuck for him to mix in his studio. The plan is to have everything done in time for a big cd release party and concert for when I get back to Colorado. I think it will come out great.

I was hoping to write a lot more original stuff than I have so far. I've been mostly working on my playing, and learning other people's music rather than making up my own stuff. I still have a month to come up with some more ideas. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home