Letters to the void.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

29th Cruise

I'm writing this blog from Nassau in the Bahamas. I'm here because my ship was rescheduled to avoid rough seas near Grand Cayman. It seems easy enough to avoid hurricanes at sea. It's also seems easy enough to avoid them in back in Colorado.

I'll be back in Colorado in three weeks. I'm counting down the time. I had been counting days and cruises when I first started this cruise ship gig in April, but I lost track somewhere in the middle when it started feeling a little long. Now that the end is clearly in sight, I'm counting again.

Last Monday, I went with some fellow musicians to Chichen Itza which is the sight of some amazing Mayan ruins. Chichen Itza is Mayan phrase which means "Chicken, that's it!" The pyramids were very impressive, and we had a great tour guide who taught us a bit about Mayan culture. I bought new digital camera after my last one broke, and I'll try to post some pictures of the trip.

I'm really looking forward to coming back to Colorado. I'll try to fit in a few more blogs in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home