Letters to the void.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Colored Pencils

Dear Diary,
I hope nobody finds you, my sweet diary, and publishes you on the internet for everyone to see. Don't worry, diary. I'll keep you locked up, safe in my sock drawer.

I used to want to be a sock drawer, but I was never that good with colored pencils.

Anyhoo... How you been? It's been a while since my last chart topping, best-selling blog entry. I know you've been eagerly awaiting my next piece of nonsense. Well, here it is.

I just got back from band camp. I was in Lyons for the Rockygrass Academy and Festival. It was pretty much completely awesome. I met a lot of great people, and I learned a lot. I came out of it with a ton of stuff work on and more motivation to get going on it.

One cool thing about the Academy was that there was very little ego and self-promotion stuff going on. There were so many great players there that it wasn't difficult to be humble. Competition and ego was kept at bay, and the music was the important thing.

I heard a ton of great players, but here's a short list of some of the ones you should check out: Darol Anger, Scott Nygard, Rushad Eggleston, Tim Stafford, Rob Ickes, Chris Pandolfi, and Jeremy Garrett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home