Letters to the void.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mo Money

I just got back to the mountains. Hunker Down played a wedding last night and tonight Bobby and I are playing a duo gig at an Irish pub. Bobby is a great player, and he pushes me as a musician. He just gave me the sheet music for "Take Five" and "Sweet Georgia Brown" in D, and we're going to try to pull off those tunes tonight.

My Berklee classes are going great. I'm taking three, which is a big load, but I think I'll pull it off. Two of the classes focus around using the program Reason, which I'm fairly unfamiliar with. Reason is apparently a great MIDI program, and it's very powerful. I'm going to buy a new MIDI controller tomorrow that I can plug in via USB instead of a MIDI cable. I want to get an M-Audio Radium49. It's cheap and has what I need. I've spent so much money on gear over years. I wonder if I'll ever make the money back. If I had a dime for every time I spent a dime... if I had a quarter for every time I spent a dime, that would be even better. Hell, I'd even settle for a nickel per dime. That would be a lot of nickels though, and I don't have that much space. Dimes are better cause they're smaller and easier to rhyme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home