Letters to the void.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Network

Hunker Down had a pretty big day yesterday. We played twice. The first gig was at the Ullr Fest Parade in Breckenridge. We set up an a radio station's parade float and drove through town jammin. At least most of the band was jammin. It was snowing while we were playing and my hands were so cold I could barely feel them, let alone move them, let alone hold a chord. I played terribly, but the radio station said they'd play our stuff and hook us up with some gigs, so I guess it was worth it.

After the parade, we thawed a bit and drove back to Winter Park where we opened a show for the Vince Herman Trio. Vince Herman played with Leftover Salmon and his bass player Cliff Starbuck plays with Ekoostic Hookah. Their third guy Randy Crouch was awesome, but he's not all that well known. It was a really fun night, and I danced hard. K.C. Groves from Uncle Earl sat in later in the night. Greg and Bobby from our band sat in too and did a great job. Everyone had a blast it, and it might lead to more stuff also.

Hunker Down is establishing its name more and more, and I feel like we're putting the band on the map. We just need to make sure that the music comes before the PR stuff. We have to put more energy into the music than we do in the promotion. I don't want to be Britney Spears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home