Letters to the void.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Catching up

I haven't written a blog in a long time. It's not that I've been so busy that I haven't had time to punch out a few words on to this thing--it's just that I haven't really come up with any clever little wittisisms that I thought were worthy of posting. Here's one I read the other day.

"Even if you don't have all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you don't want."

Open mic yesterday went well. Not that many people came to perform, but the ones that did rocked it. The crowd was really good and danced all night. It was the first time I've ever seen a crowd dance at an open mic night. It was a good scene and it's getting better each time.

Tonight I'm playing with Hunker Down. Paul, the former bass player for Slipstream, will be sitting in on bass since John can't make it. Tomorrow I'm playing a duo gig with Bobby down in Denver. We're going to play Irish fiddle tunes for a couple hours and some classy Irish restaurant. It will probably be a background music kind of thing, but I'm learning to enjoy those gigs more and more. The first few background music gigs I played, I felt like I was being ignored. I don't feel like that any more. I think that people are listening even though they don't let on directly. Besides that, it's fun to just play for the people I'm playing with and for myself.

I made a big decision last week. I was offered a full-time teaching job at the elementary school where I'm currently teaching part-time. I decided to turn the job down. I was very relieved the minute I hung up the phone with the principal. I turned down a steady paycheck, but I'm sure I made the right choice. I have a lot of exciting projects I'm working on now and I'm not willing to give any of them up. Also, I'm taking three more online classes through the Berklee School of Music which start next week. The last two classes I took were awesome, and I want to have the time to put into these new ones.

I'm going to try to write blog entries more often. There isn't enough random blabbering on the internet yet, and I want to do my share to remedy that situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home