Letters to the void.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Second First Cruise

After a month back home in Colorado, I flew out to Fort Lauderdale last Monday to join the the orchestra of another cruise ship. I'm scheduled to work on the Carnival Miracle until the middle of January.

The Miracle was built in 2004 and is newer than the other two ships that I've been on. It's less cheesy and neon than the other ships I've seen. My room is a bigger and in better shape. Another plus is that my roommate is staying in his girlfriend's cabin, so I essentially have my own room.

The ship size is somewhere between that of the Triumph and the Imagination. It's 963 feet long, and relative thin at 106 feet wide. It can hold 2680 guests plus 950 crew members. It tonnage is 89, 452.

The itinerary of this ship could be a bit challenging since there's so much time at sea. Each eight day cruise includes four days at sea, and three ports besides the home port of in Florida. We have two different routes which alternate. This current round goes to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. Next week, I'll go to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize.

I'll try to blog a lot. I'll have a lot of time on the ship, so hopefully I'll keep this up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home