Letters to the void.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Wet Desert

Tomorrow I will be four weeks in to my experience here at sea, and I will have made two full laps of our circuit here south of Florida.

I spent some time today outside just staring at the open ocean. It was great to let my eyes relax and look at nothing but open water in every direction. The ocean is a lot like a desert. On the surface, there's very literally nothing there. It's just wide open inhospitable space. But looking across it clears your mind, like the desert or like a great snow storm in Colorado. It's different though. Here the air is a lot thicker, and it has a taste to it.

It's also a little too hot here. I've been sweating constantly for about a month now. Whenever I exercise, I drip like I'm leaking. I guess I'm getting used to the feeling of constant sweat, but I thought my body would adjust more quickly somehow. I guess there's nothing to really do about it though besides lots of laundry.

By the way here's my mailing address:

Carnival Imagination
ATTN: Yaniv Salzberg, Crew ID #415610
Entertainment Department / Showband Musician
P.O. Box 025658
Miami, FL 33102-5658

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home