Letters to the void.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Disappointment

I heard a quote once that the people who win most often are also the ones that lose most often. I guess the point is that your numbers of wins and losses both go up when you keep trying things. Yoda said, "Do or do not, there is no try." On the other hand, Yoda tried to kill both Count Duku and the Emperor with a light saber, and he failed so he went into exile. Maybe Yoda is full of crap.

Today was supposed to be the opening night of the Hank Williams play that I'm in, but the show was cancelled due to the weather. There are extremely high winds here, and the roads from either direction to Winter Park have been closed. It was a big build up for no product. The show should continue next week as scheduled. If no one can make it to the theater, then the show can't start, whether (weather) or not the show must go on. I'm bummed, but I suppose that it's out of anyone's control. I also found out that the piece I made for the Hellmann's Mayonnaise advertisement wasn't chosen by the company to be aired. I tried. I'll keep trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home