Letters to the void.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February

Apparently it's been nearly two months since I last wrote a blog. I should write more. I should also do push-ups more often... but hey you know how it goes.

February is an eventful month for me. This Friday is the opening night of "Hank Williams: The Lost Highway" at the Grand Theatre Company in Winter Park. I have the lead role, and I'm really excited about the play. The rest of the cast is really talented, and it's going to be a great show. I've worked harder to prepare for this gig than I've ever worked for any other performance. It's really a challenge, and I hope I'm up to it. The play is going to be a blast.

On Saturday, I'm playing a jazz gig for the Grand Arts Council. It's high profile gig in Grand Lake and I'm going to be joined by John Pleasant, Patrick Brower and Andy Irvine who are all killer musicians. I'm also going to play gigs with Hunker Down on both Friday and Saturday nights after the other shows. Then on Sunday, Bobby Krech and I are playing at the Untamed in Winter Park. Including my regular gig on Thursday, that makes six performances in four days. I'm grateful for the work and that I'm keeping busy. I definitely need to rest up these next few days.

Stephanie Buss at the Winter Park Manifest wrote an article about me a couple weeks ago. I posted it on the press page of my website if you want to check it out. Yeah, I'm pretty much famous now. I hope the rich part comes along some time soon.

I also just sent off a third piece that may be used in a Hellmann's Mayonnaise commercial. I've been working with Paul Riggio who runs a music production company in Manhattan. His website is www.soloudmusic.com and you can check out some of his portfolio of commercial music work online. Apparently my piece passed the first round of cuts, so it has a shot of being used in a national television ad.

Last week, I went to Mojamagic Studio in Boulder to record tracks for a cd with the Irish band Claddagh. We have a lot more work to do, but hopefully the disc will come out in a few months. I'm also working on my own solo cd here at my home studio. My schedule is pretty full lately, but I hope to have it finished by the end March.

My music is really coming together lately, and I have a lot to be grateful for. I'm working with a lot of talented people and feel like I'm doing what I want to do. I hope I can keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home