Letters to the void.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

News

I'm going to fly to Miami this Sunday to start up a 5 month contract with Carnival Cruises. I'm going to play guitar in the show band for a ship called the Imagination. I'm very excited and nervous about this new gig, and I hope it goes well.

I'll try to keep up this blog much better than I have in recent months. I'll have internet access on the ship and at port, so it should be easy to fire off some lines about how everything is going. I imagine that I'll be more motivated to write once I start up over there in unfamiliar seas.

Today, I'm going to drive to Denver to get some things for my new job. One of the things I have to buy is a tuxedo. I have to perform in the show band in a friggin tux. Playing electric guitar in a tuxedo is ridiculous. The whole reason I wanted to become a musician was so I didn't have where a suit to work... but I'll have to let go of that I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home